AN ENCOUNTER WITH A HUMPBACK WHALE IS A MAGICAL MOMENT
A Humpback Whale Tour with Three Islands is a day you’ll cherish forever. From the first friendly welcome onboard to the last smile for the camera, we make sure you take plenty of enjoyable memories home with you.
Join 3 Islands Whale Shark Dive for an encounter to remember.
From the 1st of August to the end of October, we will be operating Humpback Interaction Tours on the stunning Ningaloo Reef.
Ningaloo Reef sees one of the largest populations of migrating Humpback Whales in the world. These majestic creatures cruise past the West Australian coast each year, providing the perfect opportunity for us to observe them, and if the conditions are right, snorkel alongside for an out-of-this-world experience.
Tour courtesy pickups commence at 9.30am from your Exmouth accommodation (including the Lighthouse CP, and Exmouth town), returning at approximately 5.00 – 5.30pm. Departing and returning from the Exmouth Marina on Madaffari Drive.
We start the day with a boat cruise from the Exmouth Marina to the tip of the North West Cape where our Humpback Whale interactions take place. A long the way we’ll take in the sites that make Ningaloo unique; the Navy Pier, Mildura Wreck, Vlamingh Head Lighthouse and Lighthouse Bay. We will also conduct an introductory reef snorkel along the way.
Once a group of whales are located, we will observe them for a while and if our experienced staff determine it is safe to do so, swimmers will be allowed to enter the water to try for an in water interaction. Humpback Whales are known to be quite curious creatures, so the interaction is all up to them! They may approach you for a closer look, or they may just pass by.
As we can all appreciate with Mother Nature, every day is different and every tour unique. Our Humpback Whale Interaction Tours will be conducted with safety as our first priority, for the whales and for you!
While we will do everything we can to ensure a Humpback Whale Interaction, we cannot guarantee that you will get to swim with these truly amazing mammals. Unfortunately there are no repeat tours, refunds or guarantees will be available.
All you need to bring are a towel, sunscreen, hat, bathers, camera etc. – the normal things you would take to the beach, and any other personal items you think you may need. If you are prone or can suffer from motion sickness, seasickness medication is advisable. If you have your own snorkelling equipment, you may also bring this along.
Our Humpback Whale Interaction tours include…
- Courtesy transfer to and from the tour in our air conditioned bus to your Exmouth town accommodation
- A warm welcome on boarding the vessel with a relaxed friendly atmosphere
- Exclusive & intimate tour, 14 swimming passengers maximum on board 55ft ‘Drawcard’
- In water interaction groups of 7 people maximum
- Morning snorkel on the Ningaloo Reef
- Highly qualified skipper and crew who are absolutely passionate about their jobs
- All snorkel gear and wetsuits for adults and children included. Prescription masks are also available
- Delicious buffet lunch, afternoon tea and refreshments. Dietary requirements can be catered for
- FREE Photo CD of your day. Alternatively BYO USB or request a download link emailed to you.
- Extra in-water support if required e.g. lifejacket, buoyancy vest, noodles, snorkel tuition
- Exclusive use of Spotter Plane to find the most interactive Humpback Whales
- Well maintained, stable 17 metre vessels with large spacious flat, shaded decks, cushioned seating, marlin board with in-water ladders
- Complimentary glass of champagne or beer as we cruise back to the Marina
Our Interaction Tours run from 10am to 5pm, departing from the Exmouth Marina.